Long-time residents of Kearney remember this section of the 10th Sideroad being used by vehicles until the time of Hurricane Hazel in 1954. An amazind discovery is the foundation of the original Ebertson School located at the mid-point of the trail. Compare it to the Ebertson School building on Hwy 518E, currently operated as an antiique shop.
At 708 Stoneway Road visit the Woodruff Burial Place, an Anglican cemetery circa 1890. This remote spot includes many unmarked graves of victims of a diphtheria epidemic that swept through the area early in the last century.
A devoted seasonal resident tends the cemetery.
The wide trail crosses several streams and includes rocky, steep sections. Water may cover the track in several spots early in the spring or after heavy rains. Hikers may see prints or scat indicating they share this former roadway with small and large mammals. Sturdy footwear is recommended.
This is also an authorized ATV trail.
674 Stoneway Road, 6.2 km from the Kearney Community Centre OR 3033 Hwy 518 E., 6.2 km from the Kearney Community Centre
(a) Click Wiki Edit This Page to get placed in edit mode
(b) When finished, your update is available to view as draft (click wiki update pending in trail to see draft)
* note: editors are notified and must approve the change